- ►▼ 2016 (16)
- ►▼ 27.06 - 03.07 (2)
- ►▼ 06.06 - 12.06 (4)
- ►▼ 30.05 - 05.06 (10)
- MUHAMMAD ALI, SIMPLY 'THE GREATEST,' DEAD AT 74
- RIHANNA COLLABORATES WITH DIOR ON SUNGLASS COLLECTION
- KID CUDI PLANS TO RELEASE TWO ALBUMS THIS YEAR
- BYNO – BACK TO SLEEP (COVER)
- ALBUM REVIEW: KISS DANIEL – NEW ERA
- NEW MUSIC: M.CHRIS FT. YONG KESH X MARKA - LIKE A DIAMOND
- VIDEO: FALZ – “BAHD BADDO BADDEST” FT. OLAMIDE & DAVIDO
- YOU HAVE NEVER PAID ROYALTIES FOR MY WORK – RUNTOWN RESPONDS TO ERIC-MANNY
- NEWVIDEO: TYGA - CASH MONEY
- TDE CEO Calls Out Fans for Not Buying ScHoolboy Q’s Single
Thursday, 2. June 2016 - 10:46 Uhr
From Puma to Manolo Blahnik, Rihanna has taken the fashion world by storm. And now the fashionista has landed another major designer deal with Dior.
As part of her brand ambassadorship, the “Work” singer has collaborated with the French fashion house on a collection of futuristic sunglasses simply called “Rihanna.” According to WWD, the frames will be sold exclusively at Dior retail stores starting in early June.
The one style is available in silver, pink, blue, green, and red, and will retail for $840, while a deluxe 24-karat gold-plated version will cost $1,950.
This is not RiRi’s first time working with Dior. Last year, the 28-year-old was named the company’s first black spokeswoman and starred in their “Secret Garden IV” campaign, shot by Steven Klein in Versailles.
“We are very pleased to partner for the second time with Rihanna,” said Dior chief executive officer Sidney Toledano. “She is an artist, an entertainer, an entrepreneur, a philanthropist, and a style icon for today’s generation.”
Rihanna visited Dior’s headquarters in October to meet with the eyewear design. Her vintage 2000 frame was inspired by Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge from “Star Trek.”
“I’ve always been obsessed with his eyewear, and when I got to Dior and saw all the materials I could play with, it all just came together,” she said.
While there is no official campaign, photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino shot Rihanna in the frames for a series of editorial images.
Rihanna, who is also Puma’s Creative Director, recently launched her own “Denim Desserts” footwear collection with Manolo Blahnik and inked a $10 million deal with LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton for a makeup line.
Tags: Rihanna Diorsunglass collaborate